High sugar levels, pain and inflammation in knee. Taken Combiflam. Your advice?

Sir. I have been walking at a good speed for 6 to7 kms per hour from 2006 to till April 2012 regularly. but I will have intermitent break now and them due to habbit of alcohal. I had a alcohal hepetatis and elevated enzymes several times but corrected with appropriate medicines. Now yday I did lab test master health checkup in a reputed lab in Chennai.Tamilnadu, India. the reason for stoarted walking is due to high fasting sugar levels and PP 165 qnd 280 respectively way back 2006. Some how I got them under contro with medicins and excercise. Yday result show that my sugar levels are 114 and 156 with only one tab of glycomet 250 the night before test, Now I hv joined in tennis class for 10 days for 1 1/2 hour in the morning daily. I am having pain and inflamatiion I beleive in my right knee . I am told by my tennis friend that o have two bananas in two banannas in the morning and have one combiflam half an hour before the play. what is your advise on this. I am an IBS patient for several years for which I am having Mebaspa and Bifilac 1-0-1.
Asked On : Fri, 18 May 2012
Dear sir,
With all due respects to the "humble banana" and your friend ,eating bananas is no way going to cure your knee pain. But on the other hand you being a diabetic and its glycemic index being high its definitely going to rise your blood sugars. I would request you to meet your diabetologist and clear the doubts regarding this. As for the knee pain by the history that you have given it seems like a more strain related issue. Considering the fact that you haven't had a fall while playing tennis simple ice compressions, rest and analgesics should be enough . I suggest discontinuing your tennis for 10 days.