High sugar levels after angioplasty. Normal heart beat and BP levels. Restlessness after dinner with choking sensation. Breathlessness. Is it life threatening?

Hi, Recently my father has an angioplasty & 2 stents has been placed i.e. one in main artery & second one in branch artery. All his parameters like heart beat, BP are normal. The ECG report is also showing no symptoms. But now, his sugar level is in the higher side i.e. around 300. The issue is that, before going to sleep & after having the dinner he is feeling restlessness & chocking sensation. He is feeling that the he is not getting enough oxygen to breath & the chest is seems to be vacuumed. What is the reason for it & is it life threatening? Please, guide me in this regards. Thanks in advance AK
Asked On : Mon, 7 Jan 2013