High pulse, feeling pronounced thumps. Is it all normal?

hey, i have a pulse of 47 per min, i am 20 yrs old, and i do excercise a lot, i last did check my bp it was normal but then my pulse was 55, i have got physically fitter since then (around 2 months) , also i feel a second thump, much softer one though, accompanying the more pronounced one. is it all normal?
Asked On : Sun, 25 Mar 2012
Emergency Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Thanks for writing your query.

After reading your post, it is clear that you are having bradycardia(heart rate less than 60 per minute) and needs urgent cardiologist consultation.

Though it is seen that athletes have lower heart rate, you should get following investigations done :-
1. Electrocardiography(ECG).
2. 2-D Echocardiography.
3. Hemoglobin levels.

I hope this is helpful to you.