High levels of blood sugar and urea. How to get these to normal?

My blood urea level was 23 mg on 27.06.10 and 27mg on 29.05.11and a last week blood test showed 48mg. I am diabetic under food control and eat 2 egg white every day and chicken meat most of the days. My fasting blood sugar level was around 140mg/dl for many years without any medication and with diet control and walking. Couple of months back, when a higher FBS level noticed, the doctor advised to take Actos tablet for a month and the FBS showed 174mg which was the higher level ever noticed. I stopped taking Actos and now with diet control and walking the FBS has fallen down to 168mg/dl and much concerned about it and will be consulting a diabetologist soon. Is it possible to bring the blood urea level back to the previous level? My creatinine level was 1mg on 29.05.11 and 1.1mg on 04.07.12. I am 62 year old now and much concerned about the higher blood urea level and my diabetic management. My average PPBS level since last many years is around 155mg and HBA1c is between 6.8 to 7.8 % Pls. reply. Many Thanks. Mohan
Asked On : Mon, 16 Jul 2012