High fever with muscle, joint pains. Had swollen lymph nodes. Have Hashimotos. Cause of symptoms?

I have had the second bout of this type of illness in about three years. High fever of 102.7 with bone, muscle, joint pain in knees and arms, intermittant. Exact same as three years ago. Have had swollen groin lymph nodes and low body temp of 96 to 97.1 and same extreme bone pain . I have hashimotos as well but dont think its related. I have previously had low platelets and they came back up. Please let me know if there is help for this or what its related too. The pain is terrible and my dr. is away for a week this time. His nurse says probably the flu, but I know that it s not. Also swollen lymph nodes in neck.
Asked On : Mon, 18 Mar 2013