High fever, low appetite, weakness, profuse sweating. No change with intake of fluids, medicines. Help?

Hi, my partner has nos been wells for past 3 days, wi th hight temperatures of 38.5, with no appetite , very weak, sweating a lot, need s to change clothes every 1/2hr, also chest pain etc. about an hour ago his temperature was 38.5, and since then it dropped significantly to 35.2. We ve been trying to self-medicate with over the counter medication , drinking plenty of fluids, and staying in bed. However the illness doesn t seem to get any better. What should I do to help him? Thank you.
Asked On : Wed, 26 Dec 2012