High fever, leg swelling on foot. Open heart surgery done, veins removed from leg. Treatment?

My dad 65 years old has undergone one month ago an open heart surgey from which 3 veins were removed from his left leg. Recently he has been back into the hospital for 4 days till now because a very high fever and a swollen leg at the upper part and his foot and antibiotics didnt do any result and rather than the swelling getting better its getting worth now his leg is all swollen but the fever has gone back to normal. Please advice
Asked On : Fri, 7 Sep 2012