High fever followed by seizure. How will it affect future? Take valparin?

Hello Doctor, My son, 1year 10 month (weigth 10.5 Kg) had high fever 3 months back which followed with a seizure. He was admitted and got discharged back. However two day back, he again got a fever and had seizure twice on the same day. The first one lasted for 2 min and the second one lasted for 3-4 sec. The doctors had taken a EEG and the results were abnormal. He has been put under medication to have the following two syrups twice a day valparin 200 and silybon Can you let us know the following, if the seizure could be avoided on taking the medications will there be any side effects on my son s growth and have healthy life in future Regards Harish
Asked On : Mon, 1 Oct 2012