High fever, bad diet in old age. Have kidney issues and diabetes. Why coma?

hi doc my dad who is about 85years old is seriously suffering from kidney problem.he is a diabetic patient who never bothered 4checking his sugar level.since the month of march he was being hospitalised.The 1sth symptom started with high fever when he could hardly eat any food.he even stayed in coma 4few weeks.he went through dialusis for 2days and several high dose injections medicines which includes:meroperom (both 1gm,500mg),linzolid,empil 2oo(tab),inpenum (5oogm),micera(injection).on march 14he was admited bd bardem.he had semtesamia with pylonephrtis along with high diabetis.he evn had nonstop nose bleeding for about a few minutes at 2different days. After about half a month he ws his report says he has: UTG 2000 UTP 0.8% CCR 24.8% HEMOGLOBIN 10.4,K:4.1,CL: 107,TCo2:25,ESR: 140,TC:8.6 PUSCELL:PLENTY,ABS:11.7,S:7.1 CREATENIN 3.6,Na:136,WBC 0000,UREA:63 it even sayed that only 25% out of his 2kidneys is active. we dnt trust in our bd docs.please suggest me what shall we do now?
Asked On : Sat, 12 May 2012