High fever, 104, on Meftal and crocin, history of throat infection. Case of infection, frequency of meftal?

Hi Doctor, My son is having fever from yesterday , we went to the doctor suspecting tonsil infection (which he had three weeks back and cured by giving antibiotics – Augmentin ). But after checking doctor told that there is no infection at present and asked us to give him Crocin . But with crocin temp was not reducing and by today morning his temp shoots up to 104 degrees and then we gave him meftal. After giving meftal , temperature has dropped suddenly but in 4 hours it started to rise again, so we gave him crosin but temp is shooting up and now @ 102.8 … When we looked inside his mouth , its seems the tonsil is bit reddish and swollen .. don’t know whether it’s a starting of tonsil infection?? What is the frequency in which we can give him meftal , or if tonsil infection de we need to start medication for that immediately or wait for 1 more day with meftal and crosin ? Can you please advise. Thank you very much. John
Asked On : Wed, 27 Mar 2013