High fasting blood sugar. Frequent urination, frequently thirsty. Am I diabetic?

I was told by my doctor that I was diabetic because I had frequent urination and thirsty a lot. I had test taken and my fasting blood sugar was high. I do remember that night right before I started fasting. I ate two sandwiches and drank two glasses of orange juice. I went for my results and he said my fasting blood sugar was high. I ve been testing my blood sugar frequently 1 hour after meals two hours after meals and it is below 140 me I diabetic or not. I don t take any insulin either. I did but my blood sugar would drop to low.
Asked On : Tue, 26 Mar 2013