High creatinine level, ultrasound revealed atrophic bilateral kidneys, no cyst or stone. Taking alpha D3, sodament. Preventive measures to avoid kidney damage?

hi my brother who is 36 yrs old was detected with high creatinine of 2.8 on repeated exams one month apart. he is totally symptom free.detected this high cr level on a pre operative assessment. further ultra sound scan of kidney revealed atrophic bilateral kidneys. no cyst or stone found. he has been taking alpha D3, and sodament for the last one month. I would like to know is this condition reversible or not? what can b done to prevent further damage of the kidneys.
Asked On : Sat, 9 Jun 2012