High creatinine level, not diabetic, BP problem. Should we start dialysis?

Hi, My father is aged 70 yrs and has a creatinine level of 8. It spiked from 5 to 8 in last 3-4 months.. The problem was first detected 12 yrs back and the rate of increase of creatinine level was very slow until last 3-4 months.. He has some BP but he is NOT diabetic.. Potassium level is also not high.. Health is also good compared to his age.. I wanted to know if we shold start his dialysis or should we do a kidney transplantation?
Asked On : Tue, 7 Aug 2012