High cholesterol, spondylosis, degenerated lower end of spine, have numbness and pricking feeling on the foot, feeling of stopped blood circulation. What is the cause?

I m 52 year old Indian male. 4 months ago, I realised that my right leg... starting halfway down the thigh... felt numb at times. It was as if there were pins and needles running down (specially at the back of my thigh) to my foot . Imagine how you d feel if you were sitting on your thighs, on a ledge and the ledge was exerting pressure against the back of your thighs. A tingling numbness. It feels as though the blood flow to the foot has been cut off. Although I haven t felt my foot at times like this (I wear closed shoes) I m sure it must be cold. I m wasn t taking any drug/medicine. But now, my doctor has prescribed storvas for cholesterol (my total cholesterol is 316). I also have spondylysis and the lower end of my spine is degenerated. I d like to know if the tingling is muscular/nerve, or if any of my blood vessels could be blocked. Nowadays, sometimes, I also feel this in a very small way, in my left leg. But whether left or right leg (where it is getting pronounced), it usually abates when I walk or lie down. Could you please tell me what is happening?
Asked On : Sun, 22 Apr 2012