High cholesterol levels detected. Reduced levels only by changing lifestyle, diet, without medication. Continue?

I am 53 years old , I am a shorty , around 1meter 60 ,my weight is around 54 kg , I am not diabetes , I tested my cholesterol 3 months ago , the results were total 275 , LDL 182 , triglycerides 155 and uric acid 7.3 , I decided to cure it without taking any medication , just by changing my lifestyle in respect of food and exercise , walking between 30 minutes and 1 hour almost everyday ... I retested my cholesterol last week and the results amazed me concerning cholesterol , total dropped to 187 , LDL to 102 , uric acide to 4.8 but triglycerides went up to 280 , I wonder why but in the same time I am determined not to take any medications , I think that substituting white rice to brown and to shift to whole wheat pasta can help reducing my triglycerides level ,,, after this long introduction , my question simply is : how long does it take for triglycerides to drop without taking any medication ,,, thank you for your time
Asked On : Sat, 26 Jan 2013