High cholesterol levels. Going through menopause. On medication for colitis. Any suggestions?

OK, just got a call back from Dr. re: lab work. I am a 51 year old woman. My cholesterol is 300, I m officially in menopause . My AST is 139 and ALT is 224. I do drink wine daily - I will admit that my meno symptoms were making me crazy and I ve been self-medicating for a couple years now. I hae been a bit odf a drinker for about 20 years. I do want to back off on drinking, so I guess that s my next step. I v had proctitis / colitis for about 7 years and take meds for that. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks!
Asked On : Tue, 12 Mar 2013