High cholesterol and triglycerides, blood test when no bowels for 6 days. Could it be a cause ?

My doctor called and said my cholesterol was over three hundred and the triglycerides were high too. I have had irritable bowel with often seven days between bowel movements. Yesterday when I had the blood test it had been six days of no bowel movement. Could this be the cause of increased cholesterol? The irritable has been since I was in my twenties...I am now 64. She wants to add a new drug besides the trilipix I am on now. I am not sure she know how bad the irritable bowel is. Thank you for this query line. AAAA
Asked On : Mon, 15 Oct 2012