High blood sugar levels. Is it possible to bring it to normal level with diet and exercise?

My blood sugar was tested at 350 last Sunday. I ve since gone on a no-carb diet and as of this afternoon have it down to 211. I know this is still high, but I plan on staying on the diet. Do you think it is possible to bring it into normal range with continued diet and exercise? I m 62 and a workout fanatic, but up to now I ve always loved carbs (especially beer - I ve switched to 2 glasses of white wine). What do you think?
Asked On : Mon, 28 Jan 2013