High blood sugar level. Prescribed Glycomet GP1, advised re-test to detect diabetes. Family history of diabetes. Should I re-check?

Hi I am 28 years M with Sugar level 458. my Doctor advice me to take 2 times insulin morning with 12 and nigh with 8 and tablet Glycomet GP1 twice a day. and she asked to come after 10 days for re test and than only she can confirm it is type 1 or type 2.. in my family my sister is having sugar from last 2 years in age of 35. please advice what i should do, should i wait for 10 days with same medication and excercise or i should consult my doctor once again.
Asked On : Sun, 29 Apr 2012