High blood sugar and anger

12yr old son, very angry when sugar is up or down too much, anyone else?
Asked On : Tue, 15 Dec 2009
  Anonymous's Response

I ahve diabetes type 2 and I ahve really had access to medicine since Early part of Nov. which is when I lsot my job so the money isnt there for the medicine. I used my last pay check to pay rent and stuff like that but no medicine. durhing the rest of nov me and my girlfriend started to argue more and more well when dec rolled arund it was bad always arguing and we didnt spend shrismas with each because of it. after the new year I was basically out of food and she and her mom brought me food but I conserved food and you know we started getting along better it seems without the larger intake of food that my sugar wasnt up high and i wasnt flying off the hook like in nov and dec the stress was awful then but the sugar levels got better with not eating as much and we got along much better well the I got some money with foodstamp and went and got some food and then was taken to the food bank to get some food and then that ran out but then i got more food stamps well during the time i didnt ahve as much food  we didnt argue much at all but when i got the last amount of foodstamps  boy the shit hit the fan and all hell  broke lose high sugar mean anger for me low sugar means i am fine  I ahve gotsome money coming from something I ahve invested I guess so it will be ehre on monday or tuesday but the high blood augar is ruined our relationship I am am pleading with her to hang in there until I get my money and then get to the Dr. and get checked out and some new medicine. Do you see this food balance and not eating right without medicine with diabetes as a source of my anger?

Anonymous's Response

Sorry to say that your question is not that clear. But one point is clear that there is no such association b/w sugar and anger.

I'v had type one diabetes for 11 years and my whole family and i have noticed that when my blood sugar is high i tend to get angry at a drop of a hat over things i normaly wouldnt. It's being questioned by my boyfriend now, he thinks its just a personal problem and i use high blood sugar as an excuse. So now im questioning it. Its just been an understanding when i was growing up that when my sugar is high then im irritable and i need to take care of it and try not to talk to people until it is down. Ha ha.