High blood pressure, taking Atenolol and Losartan. Other medication needed?

My blood pressure is still high, even though I m now taking 50mg Atenolol morning and evening, and 25 mg Losartan morning and evening. I just started taking the second Losartan three days ago. This evening my bp has ranged everywhere from 170/102 three hours ago to 185/115 to 140/92 just now. It s getting to the point where I m so nervous it will be high, that I probably make it high. I am a 60 year old female. Can Losartan take a few days to really start working? Do you think I might need a different class of bp meds instead? Thanks for any help.
Asked On : Mon, 22 Oct 2012