High blood pressure and pulse rate after taking Losartan HCTZ. History of A-fib. What is going on?

I have just started taking (yesterday) Losartan HCTZ, 50 mg/12.5mg. By evening yesterday, I my blood pressure went up, as did my pulse. I took it again this morning and my BP is running high (up to 165/97) and my pulse is running at around 100 BPM. I just took it again and the BP is now 130/81,but my pulse is still at 95 BPM.

I had A-Fib, but had an ablation a year ago and have been fine. I had gotten off all meds except for baby aspirin, but my BP went up in Feb. so I was put on 180mg of Diltiazem. After a while it started to affect my eyes, so I was taken off it for 4 days to see if my eyes got better, which they did. Off the Diltiazem, my BP did go up, but my pulse was running 70 to 75 BPM. Now, after two days on the Losartan, my BP is all over the place and my pulse is running steadily in the 95 to 100 BPM range. What's going on? My pulse is steady, just fast.

Asked On : Sun, 28 Apr 2013