High blood pressure. Taking Ramipril medication, side effects of increased pulse, anxiety. Should I continue this medicine?

Hi, I recently started taking ramipril 2.5mgs for high blood pressure . I have been on it before but stop taking it because increased heart rate is more uncomfortable than high blood pressure. I told my doctor I would stay on it this time. I have been using it for about a month now. Without ramipril my blood pressure fluctuates from 135/92 to 149/102 with my heart rate fairly steady at 67 beats per minute. As soon as I start taking ramipril my blood pressure cycles from 109/78 but most often is around 128/97 but my heart rate never goes below 97 beats per minute. With my heart rate so high I always feel anxious and often don’t feel comfortable with my heart rate so high. If I stop taking ramipril for two days my heart rate goes back to a constant 67 beats per minute but my blood pressure goes back up. I don’t feel comfortable with my heart rate so high. I notice in the rare side effects of ramipril it includes increased heart rate. Should I stop taking ramipril?
Asked On : Thu, 5 Jul 2012