Welcome to HCM ,
if with good and regular intake of medicine BP remains at higher side then do some further test like kidney
function test , thyroid
profile , 2D Echo , urinary metanephrin , and consult your physician .
apart from medicine also adopt healthy life style ,
few suggestion like ,
- Take good quantity of fresh fruits, fresh green leafy vegetables, pulses, legumes, nuts like almond, wall nut, soybeans, lentils.
- Take whole grain food like brown bread, brown rice, whole wheat, oatmeal, popcorn, seafood like sea fish salmon, tuna, sardine, meat like chicken without skin, lean poultry etc.
- Avoid saturated food item like fried food, ghee, butter, red meat, organ meat like liver
, kidney and seafood like prawns, crabs, egg yellow if you are non-vegetarian.
- Reduce table salt and avoid bakery items, fried food, sweets, and ice cream.
- Take low fat dairy foods like skimmed milk, low fat yogurt, and low fat cheese.
- restrict salt intake to
-do regular walking 30 min/day
relaxing yogas ,
be regular in your follow up with your doctor and adjust BP medicine as per his advice ,