High bilirubin levels. Liver ultrasound suggested. Worried about liver disease. Due to alcohol or high protein diet?

Hello, I am a 25 year old female and just got blood test results back that my bilirubin level is at 3.4. The assistant who called wasn t very helpful beyond saying I am supposed to get an ultrasound of my liver. I am starting to freak out and get really worried I have a serious liver disease or something due to lack of information. I know speaking with my doctor is the best thing, but she is out for a week and I won t be able to. Do bilirubin levels ever randomly spike due to alcohol consumption or could it be due to a diet high in protein? Help!
Asked On : Fri, 5 Apr 2013