High WBC in semen, low motility. Found blood in his semen. Is it cancer?

My husband went to the doctor today and they said that in the past 3 or 4 semen analysis he has had a high white blood count in his semen. (He also has a low count and motility ) We have done the semen analysis over a period of a few years, all with the same results. He played football and did wrestling as well as skateboarding and snowboarding all throughout high school and never wore a cup. (His coach advised him not to because it restricts movement) His doctor today set up an appointment to look at his bladder with a camera, he set up blood work, and my husband received a prostate exam. I don t think it s an STD because he would have given it to me and all of my pap smears have come back normal, but I m not ruling it out. My best guess is trauma to the area causing an issue with a blood vessel (he has had blood in his semen as well) or an infection of some sort. Recently he has had some issue with not being able to stay erect. My husband is 27 years old with no other health issues. This is it. How serious is the problem? Should I be worried about cancer because his grandfather has bladder cancer? We are trying to have a baby and this is why everything has come up. Thank you, in advance, for helping.
Asked On : Fri, 23 Nov 2012