High WBC count. Throat culture report normal. Swollen glands in the throat, fatigue. Further tested needed?

I have symptoms like mono, I had mono a year ago, i just had an advanced blood test for mono, which showed the past antibodies but no active or current mono. my throat culture also just came back negative. my cbc shows a hight white blood cell count. i have been taking penicillin , which made me feel better better right away, but throat still sore almost stings, swollen glands, very tired. What should I expect them to test for next? more.. I am 18, in college, an athlete, usually very healthy, although have been run down from athletic and academic schedule.
Asked On : Sun, 24 Feb 2013