High TSH levels. Suffer from hypothyroidism. Weight gain. Does the increase in medicine affect the weight?

Hi doctor, Im Roopa here. Im lacking Thyroid ( Hypothyroidism ) and when I checked it for the first time i.e before my delivery it was 10.2( TSH ) i was taking 50mcg and TSH levels were normal. Now after delivery i.e after 7 months now the levels have been raised terribly and my TSH is 55.5. My weight is also increasing week by week though I walk and diet . Now Im on 75mcg Suggest me how to reduce my weight. Will my weight be reduced if my TSH levels are normal?
Asked On : Fri, 22 Feb 2013