High TSH level, hair loss, knee & back pain. Have Alopecia Areata recurrsive. Advised Thyronorm. Opinion?

Hi Doctor, I have Alopecia Areata recurrsive and got tested for thyriod t3, t4 and tsh regularly. About 3 years back TSH was 9.03 and then last year it was 7. something. Last month it was 6.89. I have not taken itll date, it came down by itself. I exercise regularly. However I have huge hair loss even when Alopecia is not there and also get knee pain and neck (behind) pain. I also have low ferritin (elcia) 7.9. I consulted a reputed endcrinologist in bangalore and they prescribed me T.Thyronorm 25 for next 60 days and then get TSH levels tested again. I want to know should i go for this daily medicine life long or as my thyroid levels are coming down should I take second opinion. I am single and do not have goitre and dont know about my TPO levels... Please advice...
Asked On : Mon, 2 Jul 2012