High LDL, no reduction in levels with lilo. Is this curable?

Hi, My husband is having high LDL . He is consuming medivine Lilo (10 mg) since last more than 2 years. We do regularly go for a Lipid Profile test for cholestrol checkup every 3-6 months. Still the LDl level doesnot decrease. Though he is overweight but he doesnot take too much foods which are not advisable for a person having high LDL. I want to know why he having high LDL and even though he is taking medicinnes the level is not coming down? Is the high LDL problem totally curable?
Asked On : Thu, 24 Jan 2013