High BP, triglycerides inspite of normal eating habits. Advised lifestyle change. Control measures?

Hi, My blood pressure is 150/110. I do not take alcohol, tobacco in any form. I work in IT firm. Normally the work load is not much. My eating habits are normal , i do not take lots of oily things very rare pizza burger. I eat lot of vegetables, non- veg(chicken) is twice in a month. Just did a blood test and all came well (createnin, sugar fasting, haemoglobin - 14.5, WBC count) only thing that triglycerides are little high border line. Also went for ultrasound and the kideys,liver, pancreas , spleen , urinary bladder all are well in control. The doctor here advised to change life style and to include morning-evening walks and Yoga. Please help to find what could be the cause of hypertension and what steps to take to control it.
Asked On : Wed, 5 Dec 2012