High BP, regular smoker. Prescribed with Telma-AM. Side-effects of medicine, reason for high BP, treatment?

Hi sir from last 7-8 days my bp is high, My doctor advised me telma-am. is it safe? what r the side effects of the same and it should be taken for life long or can be stopped. Please answer as I m worried that my age is only 33 and i m 5 11 and 76kgs. Does regular walk. Why i sufferd for this BP problem, what are the reason for this. Please explain if you can. My BP was 160/90 but from last 2 days since i have started this tema-am its coming to 130/80. Please advice and yes I do smoke and what should i do as i am regular smoker
Asked On : Fri, 24 Aug 2012