High BP, on telmistarn, hydrochlorithiazide fron a long time. How can I get over BP without these medicines?

Hi, I have high blood pressure/hypertnesion and I take telmistarn and hydrochlorithiazide. I have been taking these medicines going on three years and I just turned 29. I just want to know what are the long term effects of me taking these medicines. My hypertension is partly due to genetics and partly because of poor eating habits. How can I stop my hypertension without taking these medicines?
Asked On : Thu, 26 Apr 2012