High BP, on statins for cholesterol, switched to vegetable and wheat diet, high triglycerides

my husband is 65. he has had high BP for 15 years, and was put on statins a few years ago for a cholesterol 200. He is getting a blood test every year, and his triglycerides have been creeping up. Now they are 200. My husband has normal weight. He drinks one beer or one glass of wine a day, and about 6 months ago we have switched to a plant based diet , avoiding fats and refined sugars. We eat whole wheat, brown rice , fruits and veggies, and are shocked that his triglycerides were so high. His cholesterol is only 149. What can we do ?
Asked On : Mon, 2 Apr 2012