High BP, occasionally rises too high, take low sodium diet, have gastric problems. Can gastric issues cause hypertension?

hi I am Amer. My spouse is 50 years old and suffering from High blood pressure . Her Blood pressure some times goes up to 180/100 that is much high. She also prevent hereself from taking sodium in her meals or very small quanitity. Her weight is 65 Kg. She has no other diagnosed disease. Only she feels gastric problems. Please tell me can gastric problem cause hypertension? And if so, what are its prevention, remedies.
Asked On : Mon, 8 Oct 2012