High BP, no physical reason, family history of hypertension. What measures can be taken to minimize the risks of high BP?

I am male, married and 34 years old. Three weeks back, I got my BP checked from my doctor and it was 120/100 and I under went some medical examination. As per my doctor there were no physical reason that he could consider as a reason for such a high BP. My mother also has high BP for quite some time and she is now in her late 50s. What measures should I take to prevent or minimize the risks associated with my high BP. By the way, after first time I got my BP checked, I took medicine for 15 days and after that it was still at the same level. I don t have any stress conditions as such that can shoot up my BP to this level. Thanks
Asked On : Fri, 21 Sep 2012