High BP, left side paralysis. Diagnosed as burst blood vessel and blood leakage. Correct analysis?

Hello Dr. My brother recently got bp around 200s and got his left side not functioning proper.. Immediately he was admitted to GH and medical treatment started and after 10 days, taken CT, MRI etc.. and treatment offered he was discharged.. saying that he has blood vessel burst and had blood leak on that.... and now it is getting cured by medication and it should be continued till 3 months..... When asked about the blood vessel they did not answer properly saying that keep bp under control.. and it will cure.... what is the correct way to analyze it ....
Asked On : Sun, 7 Apr 2013