High BP, keeps fluctuating, advised check up after a course of nebicard. Any other method of controlling BP apart from medicines?

Hello, I am a 28 year old girl. Both my mother and father are hypertensive. My blood pressure had been on higher side since the last 6 months, fluctuating between 95/150 to 76/140. My doctor has recommended nebicard 2.5 for 10days and have said that the next course regarding further medication would be based upon the next check up after 10 days. i would like to know whether there is any other method of controlling blood pressure apart from medicines considering my age. Do I need to continue with the medicine life long?
Asked On : Sun, 26 Aug 2012