High BP, hyperthyroid, anxiety, chest tightness. Taken verapami. Reason?

Hi, I have been on Verapami 360 ER for nine years and have been fine with it and now for the last few weeks it is like it is not working anymore. I still take it and my dr has even added Ramprill 10-mg twice a day and my blood pressure is still uncontrolled. It goes way up at night while I am comfortably sleeping and in the morning right at getting out of a sound sleep systolic is almost 190. Why am I having the highest bp at night 1st thing in the morning. I prev had thyroid hyper but that was 9 yrs ago when I had the nuclear pill and brought thryroid back down to normal. I went to ER and nothing showed & just said it was anxiety but I am not doing it myself. It is like pure adrenaline dumping in my system and I have no control. Couldn t this be an endocrine problem as I have no outwardly reason for all this anxiety and feel like I have been running too fast with my chest tight. Jane
Asked On : Thu, 14 Feb 2013