High BP, high cholesterol. Able to hear heartbeats while sitting, sleeping. Matter of concern?

Hello, just a brief question, I m 62 female in very good health, just had physical in Nov 12 my bloodwork and everything looked excellent. I do have high blood presser, and high cholesterol , and takes meds for them, I am not overweight , my numbers for Hbp and cholesterol were tested and turned out excellent. I have been noticing I feel my heartbeat , hear it in my ears mostly, when I go to bed I notice it most, however sometimes I notice it when sitting. I asked my dr about it and he didn t seemed concerned. Should I be?
Asked On : Sat, 12 Jan 2013