High BP during pregnancy. Taking medication. Sudden weight gain, swelling in legs. Due to BP medicine?

I m about 28weeks pregnant and on BP tablets. Nicardia retard 20mg and alphadopa 500mg I was diagnosed for high BP at 22weeks. 170/110. I had an immediate admission. Albumin came out to be nil. I passed the glucose tolerance test for gestational diabetes . I have put on about 3kgs weight within a week of the hospital stay. I could say its due to water retention. I am experiencing severe swelling in my legs and feet. As I m obese my weight is going up too high. I m on diet to avoid weight gain and I walk for 30-40mins most of the days in a week . Also I have slightly severe groin pain which gets worse when I walk bend or get up. How can I minimise my pain? And as far as my BP tabs are concerned can the swelling and weight gain be due to that?
Asked On : Mon, 4 Mar 2013