High BP. Prescribed amalong, fenolip. ECG, 2-D echo normal. Will medications control BP?

hi doctor,i am 33 years old , moderate physical work style facing head aches in the evening. went for check up, BP is shooting upto 140/100 max and varying between 120/90 to 140/100 doctor suggested for cariological evaluation ECG , 2d-echo normal TGL level is 245 doctor suggested amalong 2.5 mg one tablet in morning and Fenolip 145 mg tablet 1 in the night. how long i should use these medicines? How can i control my BP.
Asked On : Mon, 24 Dec 2012