High BP. Prescribed Metasartan 50, having indigestion, drowsiness. Lipids, ECG, ECHO test normal. Necessary to take medication?

I a 54 year old man with blood pressure 200/120 but I dont have any problem with that, I am having it for more than last 10 years. I am ok without any medicine.All my lppid profile creatnine are Ok and ECH & ECHO of heart are OK. THe Doctor asked me to take Metasartan 50 which is causing indigetion & drowsiness. Is it necessary to take medicine for me when I am OK without medicine
Asked On : Mon, 12 Mar 2012