Hiccups in short intervals, heart palpitations, confusion after smoking, eating. Treatment?

Earlier tonight i felt very confused and when i had a cigarette it was almist like i could taste or geel it. That being said later on in the night i ate a few chicken strips and later on developed heart hiccups was very weird..seem to come in intervals of lasting around 20-30to minutes ..could i have developed the heart palpoations from the chicken? I feel ok now what could have caused this and do you think its a serious matter .
Asked On : Tue, 14 Aug 2012
Cardiologist 's  Response
you should stop smoking immediately!