Herniation at L4-S1 disc, no improvement with several treatments, have continuous upper back pain. Related to disc herniation?

I am having herniation in my L4-S1 disc, this i came to know approx 1 year back when i started feeling back ache.(may due to my long sitting job or my wrong sitting posture ) I am 28 years old with 5.7 height and 58 kg weight. My MRI report shows that it is minor, i gone through several medications , approx 3 months bed rest and approx 15-20 days physiotherapy . But till date I am not recovered completely. When ever i feel severe pain it spread upto thighs, else mild pain persist all the time in my lower back. Along with this, i am having pain in my upper back also, some time it become very severe and it become hard for me even to laid down on bed on any position. Is this problem is also related to my disc herniation? Please suggest what to do next. I avoid any pain killers, i improve my diet with milk, non-veg, dry-fuits, not sure if this all help me out in heeling my problem.
Asked On : Thu, 4 Oct 2012