Herniated disc at L6-S1. Prescribed Ibuprofen. Best course of action?

Hi, My son is 17 and has a herniated disc at L6-S1. A chiropractor he d been seeing ordered some x-rays and then suggested he get an MRI . His doctor sent him to physical therapy and the therapist says he can t help him since he hasn t improved any over the last month and a half. He has been prescribed 2 different high dose ibuprofen medications that he can t take as they make him sick. He has trouble getting dressed (putting his pants and socks on). He is in the process of being referred to a spine specialist. What would be the best course of action for him?
Asked On : Sat, 17 Nov 2012