Hernia in stomach and intestine. Can he pass it on by touch to his baby?

My brother has two hernias one in the stomack or intestines and one in the belly button. He has a baby second child, his first child was twenty three years ago. Now he is all excited about his new baby boy . he has two hernias and his belly protrudes out-grose looking and that includes his belly button. He holds the baby a lot! He doe nt even let the girlfriend (mom of baby ) help him. well when he does ask for her help she acts like she doe nt want to help him. I am here visiting from out of town and I am trying to be of some help to them but they both drive me crazy. She has five boys from her previous marriage. my brother tries to disciple them but thats what the arguing is about. Because she does nt try to back my brother up she just argues with him instead. My brother goes into surgery the 31st of December and I am concerned about my brothers hernias and the unhealthy closeness my brother has with this baby of his. He holds the baby to much! and I am afraid that it may be affecting him in a unhealthy way. I am here trying to help but at the same time I am afraid of arguing with my brother as well. It seems the more we tell him the more he wants to hold the babe. Write me back concerned about my brothers hernias.
Asked On : Wed, 26 Dec 2012