Hernia in abdomen and groin, difficulty urinating, bed wetting

My husband is 47 years old. He has a hernia in his abdomen and one in his groin area. The doctors say it won t be covered by insurance because the one in the abdomen is considered cosmetic surgery. He has been wetting the bed almost every night for several months. He drinks beer at night, and when he tries to go to the bathroom during the day, he has trouble--it takes him about 15 seconds or longer before he can start urinating. Could the hernias be causing the bed wetting? I know the alcohol isn t helping either. He says he ll make an appointment to go see his urologist but this is after I ve fussed at him for months.
Asked On : Sat, 19 May 2012