Hepatitis C positive. Treatment started with pegintron, ribavirin. Virus still present in blood. Worried about health?

Hi. My father is of 49 year age. He has hepatitus c positive since year 2004 with genotype 3. In 2005, he was treated with Pegasys with ribavirin for 6 months but unfortunately the treatment was not successfull. Again after break of 7 years his treatment was started 6 months before with Pegintron with Ribavirin. Doctor suggested that the treatment will last for a year. After 6 months, the virus is still present in the blood with the Real time PCR quantitative1600 IU/ml. At the start of treatment it was 922,812 IU/ml. My family is too much worried about him. Kindly guide....?Are results satisfactory?
Asked On : Fri, 22 Mar 2013