Hepatitis B patient willing to conceive. Will the mother be protected?

My wife and i are both Chinese Students studying in America. We are planning to have a baby recently. But the situation is a little complicated that my wife have hepatitis B . And recently i was always wandering is that OK for a Asain mother who has hepatitis B to give birth in America? I am not doubt the high tech in the hospital of U.S, but the experience to deal the situation like what i mentioned above. Because barely American has hepatitis B. What i am worry about is that whether the hospital in U.S have a good way to protect mother to child infection of hepatitis B? Looking forward your reply, and our future baby s health is accounting on you. Thank you. Happy new year.
Asked On : Thu, 10 Jan 2013